Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Wayside Boy

I am the wayside boy

I see the world go by

I see days turn to night

And nights turn to day

The world goes by

I stay


I have seen love blossom

A thousand times

I have seen births and deaths

And smiles and sighs

The pavement underneath me

Never sprouts weeds

My screaming calmness never dies


Yesterday she was alone

Today he is with her

There are only three today

From that group of five

That lady in the car

Used to take a cab

That guy on the wheelchair

Broke his leg last month


They all have their sorrows and laughter

Quicksilver highway with stone-paved sides

The pavement turns here and joins that way

The world goes by, I stay

1 comment:

  1. Very nice.. much like summer afternoon thoughts, sitting on the window pane and external world in slow motion.
    -sudip

    ReplyDelete