Monday, November 23, 2009

I Am Back!

Writing after a long time, this is déjà vu felt backwards. I see myself gingerly clicking here and there, trying to figure out how the blog is made. Being technically imbecilic, it took me almost a fortnight to just type the dreaded url. I wanted to do it alone – why should anyone be witness to my incompetence!

Well, here I am, eight posts in a quick succession and a six month long lull later, once again keyboarding my thoughts. The process started yesterday when I had a discussion with ahem ahem… you know, and we mused upon public and private lives, and opinions. Whether they matter or not and do we lead public or private lives as individuals.

I have said earlier on this blog that we are all voyeurs who love to live in glass houses and very precociously perched ones. Why is the other so important? Why does everything we believe in have to come tumbling down in the face of one stray comment? Somehow I think, this is related to the fact that we are looking for reasons. Every time you think of that third party perpetrated mess up in your life, rethink. How many times have you followed someone’s advice or believed in someone despite yourself. I will bet upon the answer ‘never.’ It is only when we seek that we pick up.

I am carefully dressed each time I go to a boring party while the gang always meets in a pyjama party! The other’s opinion matters only when I am not happy with my own. Then I am on the look out for what others will say, if they wow me, I’ll tell myself, it’s good; if they trash me, then well, I’ll be ready to change till they wow me. Couldn’t care less is the attitude of the confident. I think this is the reason why arrogance is attractive. Real arrogance I’m saying, not the loudness adopted to make oneself heard. Such arrogance is without cause - the result, simply, of being you. The kind Rochesters and Darcys are made up of. My friend once said, “I am here to feel important; whether I deserve it or not, I don’t care.”

Public opinion is like an ocean. One can’t see the rivers. But if each river thought they would anyway be lost to the ocean and so decide against travelling that far, there would never be an ocean. I similarly, have to overflow into the world, otherwise the world might be an ocean, and I would still be empty. The society might be living by the social rules, but each individual action makes up these rules. So let us all do our thing and before we know doing one’s thing will become the new social obligation.

And before you post a comment saying the F word, let me tell you… I am here to write, whether it’s worth reading or not, I DON’T CARE! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment